Monday, January 02, 2006

look before you leap

Good intentions are important, yet never sufficient to ensure that the end will be good. In the end, consequences matter. Think of the end before beginning. Sometimes the end is unpredictable, yet often we simply blind ourselves by confusing the intended outcome with the likely (sometimes inevitable) outcome. There will be no dearth of people telling you exactly where you went wrong, after you have gone wrong. Never indulge in post-analysis but for building your own foresight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good advice. You see, I am one to strictly abide by this dictum (since it is to me a natural consequence of rational behavior) in every sphere of my life, except for one... and thats one sphere which by definition is supposedly to be devoid of 'cold rationality'. And thats only where I have always 'fallen', for having breached the 'code'... such is life :)

Anonymous said...

Yes - I quite agree..