Friday, February 17, 2006

Knowledge and confidence

Bertrand Russel said in many different ways that knowledge and confidence are inversely related. Although a lot of knowledge can lead to genuine confidence, the amount that we know is tiny as compared to what is there to be known. A person immersed in the process of learning is acutely aware of the sea of ignorance that we are swimming in.

As a rule of thumb, therefore, when I begin to feel that I know much, it is usually a sign that I have been drifting away from learning. It is then time to go back to reading, a pen, and a piece of clean white paper.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want not acquiesce in on it. I over precise post. Particularly the title attracted me to read the intact story.

Anonymous said...

Amiable brief and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you as your information.

Anonymous said...

Good fill someone in on and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you on your information.