Sunday, November 07, 2010

Snapshots

Sharing a collection of pictures I have taken over the years...

 The yellow flowers above are from the Anza Borrego desert state park. The flowers eclipse the sun, which given them the 'halo'.
 Gerbera daisies from my potted flower garden.
 Hydrangeas. Not from my garden :)
 Some fallen twigs with a few leaves attached.
 From a memorable trip to Mt. Olympic national park. The beach was amazing... unique in its own way. This was a Thursday afternoon with few people on the beach.
 Portland rose garden.
 Portland...
 More Portland rose...
 And more...
 You guessed it. I like flowers. Roses in particular.
A shot of Mt. Rainier from the plane. My wife worked in Redmond, WA while I completed my PhD in Houston, TX. This was a familiar sight from the window as the plane approached Seattle.
 
Big Bend National Park. The wall on the left is Mexico. The one on the right is the United States. In between flows the Rio. Amazing spot to visit. This one is stretched on my desktop as a wallpaper right now. Makes me feel like I am staring down at the reflection of the cliffs in the clear, calm water.
 A solitary tulip from Skagit Valley, WA. In spring, the tulip fields are in bloom, and the valley is bursting with color. We were there on a cold, rainy day (so characteristic of the region). And it was pretty awesome then. On a bright day, I imagine it would be heaven.

(If you use these pictures, please cite the source.)

No comments: